So many varieties of lilies, and all beautiful in their own unique way.
They look as if someone took a paint brush and painted each petal individually. Such beautiful rich color, looking like very fine fabric. And I’m reminded of what Our Savior said,
…consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin, and yet….even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
…therefore take no thought saying, ‘what shall we eat…drink…wear; your Heavenly Father knows that you have need for all these things. Seek first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto.
Take…no thought for [tomorrow]; [the things of tomorrow] will take care of itself. [There is enough to do by dealing with today], and the evil [in it].
What a sweet, beautiful lesson:
- what God has made is more beautiful and wonderful than anything man made
- we don’t need to try so hard, or spend so much time thinking about providing for ourselves
- Our Father sees us, and will not forget about us
- changing focus of thought, changes perspective, and makes room for Our Father to move on our behalf
- we have a Father; one who loves us and will take care of us better than we can possibly imagine.